Monday, January 21, 2013

Facebook Post

http://www.facebook.com/ginny.kopf

Ginny Kopf: I'm all about giving people CONFIDENCE. When I worked with the executives this week (some private training, and some in a group class) on "Speaking with Clarity" (accent and diction work for more professional communication) they definitely feel as they get more CONTROL in their speech, it brings new confidence.

Me

When my mom wait I mean before we moved to Orlando and lived in the New Orleans area, I remember waiting in a room while she taught 2 ladies in a big, sorta uninteresting room, who were kinda fat and not strong but pretty. There were toys there. It was like before when she was the 1 taking the classes in Tai Chi, but the instructor stopped. I don't think my mom can speak, though, maybe why she isn't doing business, anymore. She only speaks Indonesian and can't speak with an American accent. 8I You found out she majored in ESL, which is a class foreign exchange students take in public high schools, English as a 2nd Language. 3) She was so proud of the THESIS. I don't remember what it was, but it was probably about exercise. She doesn't want me to talk about her, but I guess you are okay. I think she is a year and a few months younger. She said she is the movement person.. She was #1 in gymnastics and did ballet at church as a child. She didn't do well in high school because that was when she was able to quit and start gymnastics. So, I also took the lessons, and from doing ballet, as well, which you would be interested in, I was able to make it work and get the positions better than her. Being her daughter, like my ballet teacher's daughter, it was just over. I had a music teacher with a daughter who did choir since 2, but her dad was very different and I guess she was very different. Kinda like Céline Dion. I was the opposite of these comfortable people. My voice used to be very very detailed and you couldn't really tell what you were hearing. It was very soft and very beautiful and could last forever until you figure it out. It was very solid because when I talk it's not like raspy. My brother also did Tai Chi, but I don't think he ever got it, though he was into martial arts. Anyway, as for me, I used to experience at school going to all these clubs. I wanted to do Debate, Laureate, and Drama. I was the only 1 who knew about "My Fair Lady" in Quiz Bowl, my friend from San Fransisco got me in it the end of freshman year and she left Drama. I find that a lot of people say that they're white but that their moms don't give a * about them. All I can say is I think my mom cared about me when I was a toddler but that she isn't "bad." If you're also interested in the experiences I had to go through with my mom, I remember I think in both Orlando and the New Orleans area going into a big room with other people and doing slow exercise, just to travel. I remember it being a big deal at the end when we switch off the lights. }:] Accent seems to mean what accent in the U.S. I think I have an Orlando accent. I also have a New Orleans accent. Diction seems to be how to speak the accent. I guess with talking I'm like with how I think I just don't think about it anymore, really. I hope my post was informative on speaking. In the homework I stressed that I grew up interested in the muscles because it really is so hard to do that. Anyone ever been told to make your mouth into an o? I don't know why I can do it now, must be the food I eat. I also always was told that you learn to hold your breath professionally by pushing your stomach in gradually after like filling it somehow. It doesn't help me.

So, I hope my post was holistic and informative on interesting things and not too long and was relevant and professional. I'll see you tomorrow for acting and maybe voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

State your name don't be a creep
Leave your name after the *beep*